Citadel Online Fundraising Campaign
Updated: May 11, 2020
Citadel Online is a 10-week online performing arts series that looks back at some of the wonderful works that have taken place at The Citadel over the years, highlighting both previously presented Bright Nights artists and Citadel + Compagnie repertoire.
Developed as a response to our current state of isolation due to the global pandemic, the series exists as a reminder of the grace, beauty and humanity that dance can uniquely offer.
Artists are accustomed to working in precarity however the current situation has left even the most established artists uncertain as to what the future holds.
Our Citadel Online Fundraising Campaign asks patrons to consider making a donation in support of our featured artists. The cost of a ticket at The Citadel is $20, and even this small amount could make a difference in the day to day lives of our artists.
75% of funds raised will go directly to the artists presented, with the remaining 25% going towards Citadel + Compagnie so that we may continue to work to provide essential creation and presentation opportunities within the Toronto dance community.
For Citadel + Compagnie works, funds will be dispersed among the entire creative team, including performers and designers.
$20 – Online Admission
$50 – Online Admission + some love
$100 – Online Admission + lots of love
$500 – Just plain love
Citadel + Compagnie is an award-winning Toronto-based professional dance organization that creates, produces and presents works on local, national and international scales from its home base in a former Salvation Army Citadel in Regent Park. Since 2007, C+C has renovated, revamped and transformed The Citadel into a place where artists rehearse, create and perform and where the community learns, explores and shares.
Your thoughtful gift in any amount helps us strengthen and deepen our impact here on our doorstep in Regent Park, across Canada and beyond.
Our outreach mission of bringing art to the people continues, and we aspire for The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance to be an integral part of the community. You can play a key role in helping us make this happen. DONATE NOW.
Get more information about donating at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Company
Help us get our new works from the studio to the stage.
One of the most important aspects of C+C that defines who we are, is the work that is created within our walls. Your contribution to artistic advancement will help C +C explore, invent and share the depth of our creations with the world at large. In 2017 artistic director Laurence Lemieux is bringing a new work to the stage. Jusqu’à Vimy retraces the lives of seven local soldiers who lost their lives at the battle of Vimy Ridge in 1917, while our resident choreographer, James Kudelka, is going back to the studio to begin a new creation, tentatively titled, The Machine Stops.
Support The Citadel
Help us maintain The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance
Our new Lindy Green Wing gives artists and community members a safe and peaceful place to be, before and after their performances. We are still short a few thousand dollars of our goal of $150,000. There is still time to purchase a brick for $500, or half a brick for $250.
Support the C+C General Project Fund
Help us fund our yearly projects, tours and general C+C operations.
We’re extremely grateful for your gift and will send a charitable receipt at the earliest convenience. We are proud to recognize and thank our current supporters.
Kind words from a recent donor: “I am in awe of C+C’s resilience, commitment and passion for all that you do for the dance community and for Regent Park. You have made a difference in so many people’s lives, both in the arts and surrounding communities through endless hours of hard work and diligence towards progress and opportunity for all artists. I will always support you! I look forward to seeing C+C complete each goal one grand jeté at a time.”