Returning live to The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance, NIGHT SHIFT is seeking dance works by professional dance artists for its fourth annual late-night event taking place September 29 – October 1, 2022.
Application Deadline: May 12, 2022 @ 11:59PM EDT
NIGHT SHIFT is a late-night event that showcases innovative and thought-provoking dance by today’s dynamic movement makers. Initiated by Citadel + Compagnie in 2019, NIGHT SHIFT is a unique platform that provides performance opportunities for artists exploring within and across any and all forms of dance.
Working in partnership with Fall for Dance North, NIGHT SHIFT will present 3 artists, collectives, or companies per night. Providing a total of 9 unique performance opportunities.
Night Shift artists are selected through a peer review process in which each application is evaluated by a selection committee and reviewed and scored based on artistic merit, originality, and viability within a multi-artist event.
The 2022 selection committee includes the following three distinguished dance artists: Penny Couchie, Christine Friday and Dedra McDermott.
For support with this application (including writing assistance and alternative audio or visual submission formats) please contact:
Sierra Chin Sawdy at email@example.com
- Proposed works must use original music, or music for which the artist has received express permission from the owner for its use
- Works are not to exceed 15 minutes in length
- Works should fit within a 30 x 30 ft. space and require minimal technical support
Applications are open to all professional artists residing within the Province of Ontario. Applications are not open to full-time students.
The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance is an accessible space. We welcome applications from all artists, inclusive of all forms of dance and their expressions, and are committed to creating safe spaces for 2SLGBTQIA+, women, Indigenous and Black persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities.
- $1000 Presentation Fee (+HST if applicable)
- Showcase Performance (with the support of):
- Pre-lighting Consultation/Tech Time with Lighting Designer
- Technical Rehearsal (1 minimum) at The Citadel (week of September 19)
- Rehearsal Space (week of September 12, available upon request and dependant on availability)
- Photoshoot at the Citadel (July 10)
- Marketing & Promotion
- 2 Complimentary Tickets
NOTE: Further support may be provided for out-of-town artists.
Please provide the following information via the form below:
- Applicant Name
- Contact Information (email, phone number)
- Performance Title (if known)
- Description (150 words max)
- Length of proposed work (15-minute max)
- Artist Bio (150 words max)
- Video Link (of proposed work or recent related work)
- Video Link Password (if required)
Artists will be notified of results by mid-June 2022.Application Form