NIGHT SHIFT is seeking dance works by professional Toronto artists for its second annual late-night event taking place September 30-October 3, 2020 at The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance.
Application Deadline: ongoing
NIGHT SHIFT is a late-night event that showcases innovative, dynamic and thought-provoking dance by Toronto movement artists. NIGHT SHIFT is a unique platform that provides performance opportunities for artists exploring any and all forms of dance, as well as a late-night social experience at The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance. Taking place during the 2020 Fall for Dance North festival, NIGHT SHIFT opens its doors beginning at 10pm, and offers an exciting gathering place for the community following festival events.
Proposed works are not to exceed 15 minutes in length and should fit within a 30 x 30 ft. space. Works are to be performed in a relaxed intimate setting with minimal technical requirements. 3 artists, collectives or companies will perform nightly. A total of 12 performance applications will be selected.
Please complete the following via the google form: NIGHT SHIFT 2020 Application Form
- Applicant Name
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Performance Idea or Title (if known)
- Description (150 words max)
- Number of Performers
- Artist Bio (150 words max)
- Video Link (of proposed work or recent related work)
- Video Link Password (if required)
Artists will be notified of results by the end of May 2020.
Note: Applications are open to professional artists (as defined by the Canadian Artist Code), and are not open to full-time students. The Citadel: Ross Centre for Dance is an accessible space. We welcome applications from all artists, inclusive of all forms of dance, and are committed to creating safe spaces for 2SLGBTQ+, women, persons of colour, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
NIGHT SHIFT will provide its selected artists with the following:
- $1000 Presentation Fee (+ HST if applicable)
- 1 Showcase Performance (with the support of):
- Lighting Designer
- Technical Director
- Stage Manager
- Marketing & Promotion
- Mentorship (August/September 2020)
- Lighting/Technical Consultation (with lighting designer & stage manager) – 2 hours
- Artistic Consultation (with 1 NIGHT SHIFT curator) – 1 hour
- Discounted Rehearsal Space (may be provided upon request depending on availability)
NIGHT SHIFT 2020 curators will be officially announced in April. Stay tuned!
NIGHT SHIFT 2019 was co-curated by Nova Bhattacharya (Nova Dance), Jon Drops Reid (Making Moves Creative House) and Laurence Lemieux (Citadel + Compagnie).